CME COURSES FROM
HCMC EMERGENCY MEDICINE
Helping you improve your clinical skills in the areas of bedside ultrasonography, airway management, and critical care of adult and pediatric patients. Fall 2017 courses are open for registration.
If you are a Physician, Hospitalist, PA, Fellow, Resident or Medical Student caring for patients in the areas of Acute/Emergency Medicine, Critical Care, Trauma Surgery or Hospital Medicine, these courses are for you.
STABILIZATION CARE COURSE
Stabilization Care Course is comprised of live instruction and hands-on training.
- Review the Critical Aspects of Managing Cardiac Emergencies
- Review Modern Emergency Airway Management
- Review Critical Airway Techniques & Devices
- Develop an Effective Approach to Managing an Adult or Pediatric Trauma
- Develop Strategies for Managing Pediatric Sepsis
ULTRASOUND FOR CLINICIANS
Ultrasound for Clinicians is comprised of 9 online video presentations in addition to live instruction and hands-on training.
- Describe basic ultrasound physics.
- Discuss the benefits of using sonography for central venous access.
- Perform ultrasound-guided IV access on a procedure simulator.
- Compare the accuracy of lung ultrasound versus chest radiography.
- Apply a basic algorithm for using bedside ultrasound in shock.
- Describe details of the Focused Assessment with Sonography for Trauma (FAST) exam.
- Evaluate cardiac function and fluid status with bedside ultrasound.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN
Fall 2017 courses are filling quickly. Register for both to receive a special discount.